Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Putting the head where the patterns are...

So I needed to design an enhancement to the project I work on
I gleefully rubbed my hands and smirked- Now is the time when I put in all the patterns I learnt in the last 10 days or so- going through the Head First book

I decided to use Abstract Factory Pattern- keeping in mind the OOP principles I learnt
This pattern was a good fit.

Had I not read this book- I would have implemented this is a very different way
Its almost difficult to imagine how would I have done it....

But - it was not a easy exercise
Patterns are like guides
They show you the way- but then they offer you multiple paths
You get to choose what path to pick and how well you use it.

All said and done- I am pretty pleased with myself how it unfolded

No comments: