Sunday, June 22, 2008

InfoQ and eBay

yesterday I saw Randy Shoup's interview on InfoQ (http://www.infoq.com/presentations/shoup-ebay-architectural-principles)

Very intresting...
And I couldn't help compare our architeture with their's

And I started wondering could we incorporate some of their principals into our design?
We already have some- we too acknowledge the power of asynchronous processing
Though I feel we have not gone as far as we should\could have...

Our objects are too tightly coupled.

Another thing I liked what Randy said was about shorter transactions

I think there is great wisdom in that principle- it gives you lots of flexibility on how you can handle situations, faster performance,quicker response to all objects,fewer wait time all over

InfoQ seems to be a nice hangout- I intend to visit that place more often

No comments: